Monday, June 16, 2008

pictures from Taipei


View from Taipei 101, right before it started to pour. I think I jinxed it by bringing my sunglasses. In my defense though it was sunny earlier in the day. I know the background looks kinda fake, but I promise I was really up there...
89 Floors up in Taipei 101...crazy!
View from the tallest building in the world
Taipei 101
Rainy Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall
National Theatre
Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall
Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall
2008 AL Cy Young award winner (that's right I'm calling it now) in Bobble head form. I see so many kids with Yankee shirts on. It's great
All the scooters revving their engines and ready to go, note the family, everyone piles onto these things. Yesterday I say a guy with a dog standing where his feet were on the scooter! and not some stupid little dog but a full grown Golden Retriever!
Scooters as far as the eye can see on my way back to the hotel from Taipei city centre.



view from the hotel

More to come later, I'm off to check into my hostel now. I feel more at home there then here in this nice hotel. Hoping I can find some fellow English teachers who can help me find a job....not too worried though. Not sure where I'll explore today. The city is so big and there are tons of little alleys and shops I may just wander around today and get lost....

All the best,
Brian

No comments: