Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Das Kapital ...the MUSICAL!!


Well as soon as I posted my previous post about the rising financial power of China I saw this article in the Gaurdian.
It seems China is planning to create a stage and musical version of Marx's Das Kapital. When I had to read that book for Polisci, the first thing I thought was ....it's ok, but it really needs a chorus line.
It reminds me of the Simpson's episode where they go see the Itchy and Scratchy Musical.

Any government who approves funds to make a Das Kapital Musical can in no way be fiscally responsible. So please ignore my previous post; clearly funding a Marx musical is not a wise investment and China's monetary policy should seriously be questioned.

I can't wait to see who gets the lead as Marx...I think Kelsey Grammar would make a great Marx, but I'm not sure if he has the vocal range to carry the production.

-B

No comments: