Sunday, July 3, 2011

First impressions of Thailand

I arrived here in Bangkok safe and sound and is my custom with every country I go to, I try to get a general idea of what the country is about based on first impressions.First off, it is hot and humid here. I arrived last night at about 10 pm after a 12 hour flight to Dubai, then an 8 hour flight to Bangkok. It was a long flight but I met some cool people on the plane which helped make the time pass quicker...

First impressions of Bangkok, hot humid, lots of foreigners (my first days in Taiwan I didn't see any other foreigners, here I saw at least 30 so far), clean efficient subway, lots of malls (I've seen 4 Auntie Annies in just about a day), 7-11s and High Life Convenience stores everywhere (there is an office depot on the corner of my hotel)! All of the signs are in English and Thai and even My first day here was pretty standard. I had some street food, a little fried rice, got a phone, changed some money. To be honest I'm looking forward to heading up north to Pai where it is a little smaller, and less filled with malls. Anyway so far so good, tomorrow is the big Thai election and I've see a few of the candidates riding on trucks with loud speakers talking abut why they are the best. Everything good so far....going to explore the city a little more tomorrow and see if there is more to Bangkok than Auntie Annies and Office Depots....

B

No comments: