Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Chinese and I are not good friends

I've been taking Chinese classes for about 9 months now and today I have a big test to see if I can move up to the next level. I'm hopeful I can move up because being stuck at the beginner level is really frustrating...
...Despite 2 hours of classes a day I still can't get a hold on it. I'm not sure if it's me or just not putting enough time into it, or what but I'm just not able to get a hold of it.

I've decided not to take classes next semester...I am going to be really busy getting my life in order, with Grad School apps, GRE crap, trip back to NYC, planning and paying for this Kenya trip and teaching at two new adult schools. It will be a busy few months for sure....

....people always think that its just non-stop parties here but as much as I hate to admit it, Taiwan is my home. I've been here for a long time and its time to grow up, and get my life/ career/ future all settled out. I hate being inactive and stagnant. And it's time to focus and get my shit together...
But it's not all serious....here's a moderately funny clip
-B

No comments: